how to make fitted bed sheets Making fitted
Table of Contents
bed sheets Is a great DIY project that can save you money and allow you to customize your bedding. Here are the steps to make fitted bed sheets
- Fabric (enough to cover the mattress)
- Elastic (enough to go around the perimeter of the mattress)
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Measure your mattress: Measure the length, width, and depth of your mattress. Add 2 inches to each measurement to allow for seams and tucking.
- Cut the fabric: Cut a rectangular piece of fabric based on your measurements. If your fabric isn’t wide enough to cover the width of the mattress, cut two pieces and sew them together to make one wide piece.
- Cut the corners: Cut a 4-inch square out of each corner of the fabric. This will allow the sheet to fit around the corners of the mattress.
- Hem the edges: Fold the edges of the fabric under twice and hem them using a sewing machine or needle and thread.
- Attach the elastic: Cut a piece of elastic that is the same length as the perimeter of your mattress. Pin the elastic around the edge of the fabric, stretching it slightly as you go. Sew the elastic to the fabric using a zigzag stitch.
- Finish the corners: Pinch the corners of the fabric together and sew them together, creating a pocket for the mattress corner.
- Try it on your bed: Put your new fitted sheet on your bed and adjust the corners as needed.
Congratulations, you have made a fitted bed sheet!